- IT manager’s responsibilities as the head of department are to ensure the IT team is able to service the rest of the organization, including keeping systems and machines up and running, the role also requires them to ensure that company is using the best systems, processes and equipment possible for operation.
- Must be up to date with the latest trends and technologies and be able to advise the key stakeholders about how to continually innovate and improve workflows.
- Monitor the activities of employees, ensuring their devices are up to date and have the latest security patches installed and there is no suspicious activity occurring that could put the company’s security at risk.
- Lead a team of technology professionals, including systems analysts, software developers, security analysts and support personnel, to ensure the entire department runs smoothly.
- Liaising with IT vendors or resellers to ensure they are getting the best deals on equipment and systems and that every piece of technology solves a problem the company has.
- Evaluating the viability of proposed projects, talking with staff and managers about their IT needs, and developing systems customized for the needs of an organization. also expected to review plans and recruit, train, and coordinate technical personnel.
- Responsible for creating training materials to help new employees understand how to make the best use of technology.
First Shift (Day)