The person will be responsible to establish a Policy Governance Office (PGO) at LUMS for development, review and implementation of policies across University. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Draft, review and update LUMS Policies.
- Communicate and ensure the implementation of LUMS policies across University.
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Consult with legal advisors as necessary to ensure legal compliance and address legal issues.
- Collaborate with human resources to ensure the implementation of disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations.
- Maintain policies archive on website and portal.
- Maintaining the records and historical database of LUMS policies.
- Benchmark LUMS policies with the best International Universities and practices.
- Plan and implement a schedule for reviewing/updating LUMS policies.
- Coordination with all stakeholders for policy review.
- Stay up to date with and recommend the management about local and international best practices, laws and regulatory authorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong command on Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of the industry laws, best practices and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
- Comprehensive practical experience related to the process of policy development and implementation.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations.
First Shift (Day)
Bachelors/Masters degree in Law, Business Administration or HR with emphasis on organizational policy development
4 Years – 6 Years (Experience of organizational policy development, implementation and compliance)