- Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, development, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and debugging to documentation, delivery, and maintenance of multi-tenant, distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services for Security Products.
- Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
- Produce comprehensive and usable software documentation.
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
- Dive deep into any part of the stack and low level systems.
- Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to it.
- Work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- C, C#, Java, Python development experience
- Solving problems and have designed and developed systems part of larger distributed systems.
- Analytics or Machine learning would be a plus
- Application security experience would be a plus
Skills & Experience
Extensive knowledge of AWS products and services.
Deploying and configuring production systems, with a particular focus on ease of configuration, reduction of human error, repeatability, and security.
Is hands-on, highly technical with strong experience in systems engineering
Have in-depth understanding of:
The Linux operating system, at scale.
Delivering Infrastructure, Platform and Software as a Service solutions using AWS and open source technologies
Managing source code and package repositories in GitHub.
Experience with databases – AWS RDS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift) and MongoDB.
Virtualisation and automation solutions.
Have networking experience and understanding of network protocols, DNS, VPN and load balancing.
Has proven experience working with Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management systems, CI/CD pipelines.
Have operational experience working with large, highly available, highly transactional systems on AWS.
Have experience using large scale monitoring, logging platforms like ELK Stack, DataDog and be able to analyse and debug production issues.
Work independently and take initiative.
Help defining processes and standards, following industry best practices.
Help shaping our organisation’s culture.
Working with other engineering teams to accelerate software delivery.
Build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
Knowledge of the AdTech space.
Containerisation experience, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes.
Have experience with implementing, deploying, operating a big-data platform within an enterprise production environment.
Experience of the Microsoft Azure product set.