Zeropoint IT is a belgian company working in Pakistan since 2007. we are providing a learning and creative environemnt. we are looking for a senior Linux system Engineer to work with our Europen Client. The JOb demands innovative and autonomous approach. The required candidate have to fulfill following responsibilities.
1. Serve as the administrator of server hardware and operating systems; monitor, report, and resolve system problems; propose policies and procedures relating to systems administration, security, and data storage; and assist in the implementation of such policies and procedures.
2. Install, configure, upgrade, and patch operating systems, network operating systems, system utility software, applications, and third party software on commonly used operating systems.
3. Configure, and maintain (virtual) server environments.
4. Develop, implement, and maintain backup and disaster recovery plans for servers.
5. Create and maintain scripts for the automation of server processes.
6. Maintain updated local documentation on all aspects of servers and other equipment.
7. Maintain policies, procedures and tools.
8. Keep up to date with new technologies
9. You are proactive
10 You are a good communicator and fluent in English
11. Provide leadership and mentorship of Junior System Engineers
1. Strong LINUX skills and experience working in a LINUX-based development environment
2. Experience configuring and managing LINUX operating systems
3. Experience installing/loading of operating system software, troubleshooting, maintaining system integrity, and configuring network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
4. Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Perl/PHP,…) to automate tasks
5. Experience with KVM/Openstack/Kubernetes/Docker
6. Experience with Apache, Nginx, PHP, Varnish, Redis, Exim
7. Experience with MySQL/MariaDB databases and database optimisation
8. Experience in Webhosting environments