Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager and in close coordination with the Deputy Programme Manager, the successful candidate will design questionnaires, prepare documentation and analysis for setting the baseline for the program, conduct qualitative and quantitative assessments and analysis, set up framework for focus groups and key informants interviews, train local staff, and oversee the development and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) activities, to produce evaluation reports, data and analysis based on the ME&L activities and findings.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop the framework for Programme Monitoring and Evaluation, in coordination with programme management, ensuring that monitoring and evaluation arrangements comply with donor agreements and programme requirements and provide a baseline from the beginning of the program.
- Oversee the CRA Monitoring and Evaluation Department effectively to ensure comprehensive and detailed coverage of projects throughout all stages of the implementation and to provide relevant information for performance management and evaluation of programme activities.
- Monitor and review existing monitoring mechanisms and reporting documents including but not limited to project-level ME&L plans, data collection tools, Site Visit Notes and Final Evaluation Reports and strengthen where necessary.
- Develop comprehensive and effective evaluation mechanisms for the CRA programme in accordance with the ME&L plan.
- Develop new tools and systems, in coordination with CRA senior management and the donor, to provide for:
- Greater versatility in grant design in relation to specific recipient communities.
- Streamlined information cycles.
- Improved adherence to programme standards and better responsiveness to issues arising during implementation.
- Guide the regular sharing of ME&L findings with relevant stakeholders and ensure that monitoring data is discussed in the appropriate forums in a timely manner.
- Interact with the donor on a regular basis, to share monitoring systems and findings, and discuss avenues for improvement if necessary.
- Guide the process of identifying the key performance questions, indicators and parameters for monitoring of program performance and achievements, and for preparing evaluations; review and analyse monitoring reports and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and identify corrective measures where necessary.
- Design questionnaires and process information based on interviews from respondents, and focus groups discussions and analysis.
- Lead the grant closing process including the review of the final evaluations, verification of the database information and documentation generated during the implementation.
- Build and strengthen the capacity of the M&E department through the recruitment and training of experienced staff, in coordination with the Resource Management Unit.
- Develop M&E trainings and other capacity buildings tools, in coordination with the M&E supervisor, targeted for the programme staff.
- Prepare quarterly reporting on evaluation activities, for inclusion in Program Quarterly Report; ensure overall revision of reporting documents including but not limited to M&E activity plans and Final Evaluation Reports to ensure adherence to project objective, for submission to the donor.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the IOM CRA activities.
- Stay updated with world trend analysis on drivers of conflicts, academic discussions about violence and conflicts in communities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
University degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Substantial experience in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans in small-scale grants, preferably with experience in the field of research, monitoring and/or evaluation.
- Proven experience with strategic planning approaches, M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data analysis and report writing.
- Strong ability to understand, develop and implement administrative and financial control procedures.
- Previous work experience in KP/Newly merged Tribal Districts, particularly on similar programming.
- Sound knowledge of development programme planning and implementation objectives.
- Ability to use Access databases and Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook and Word software.
- Language required for the position, for example: Fluency in English & Urdu
- Desirable languages, for example: Pashto