Positions will be based at below locations (expected):
KPK: D.I Khan, Waziristan (South & North), Lakkimarwat, Bannu and Tank
Balochistan: Quetta and Pishine
Sindh: Duty stations to be decided
Punjab: Duty stations to be decided
Purpose of the post: The position of District Coordinator is to provide technical assistance to Deputy Commissioner conducting Polio Eradication activities in the assigned district. Incumbent will facilitate the implementation of effective polio immunization campaigns in the district by coordinating appropriate actions with the established counterparts and partners and ensuring that adequate resources are made available on a timely basis. Responsible for: management and oversight of surveillance by enhancing community networking and essential immunization related activities
Organizational context: Under the technical supervision of the Provincial Team Lead with overall supervision of the Coordinator Polio Eradication, the District Coordinator will undertake the following duties:
1. Support the Deputy Commissioners and Health Department in ensuring programme coordination. These includes:
a. Ensuring a functional and fit for purpose DEOC with roles assigned to the DEOC staff
b. Support the LEAS to ensure the security plans and operational plans are aligned.
c. Ensure all different areas of work and staff functions are well defined and coordinated (Operations, communications, synergy etc)
d. Regular review of SIA performance preferably within 7 days of completion of a campaign
e. Submission of readiness status with decision on deferment done if a district or a UC is not ready
2. Ensure high quality campaigns are conducted through:
a. Develop a well-defined activity plan
b. Pre and intra campaign supervision and monitoring plan
c. Ensure corrective actions during pre, intra and post campaign with emphasis missed areas, poorly covered areas, areas with high number of missed children (refusals and NAs) revealed by lCM, PCM and LQAS
d. Ensure a detailed plan is developed and implemented for HRMPS, with additional complementary strategies and plans for PTPS and temporary transit points for seasonal migrants
e. Ensure vaccine and logistics plan is developed and implemented, including retrieval of vials and vaccines
f. Conduct investigation for failed LQAS and PCM, and ensure high quality Sweeps
g. Prioritize and focus on the low performing/high risk UCs, with focused interventions towards team selection, high quality trainings, rationalized and appropriate micro plans, detailed communication plans.
3. Institute specific strategies to reduce missed children to
a. Comprehensive UC Specific plans for each UC, with clear timelines responsibilities, and actions
b. UC and Area Specific plans for missed children coverages and refusal conversion plans, with emphasis on persistently missed children
c. Coverage of PMCS/refusals in between campaigns
d. Deliberate attempts to identify the root causes of fake vaccination, as well as strategies to root out the practice
4. Deliberate attempts to identify the root causes of fake vaccination, as well as strategies to root out the practice
5. Liaise with the district administration and communication staff to resolve demand-based refusals, and raise promptly any planned boycotts with them
6. Ensure team selection is done appropriately, with female and local teams given priority.
7. Build the capacity of the frontline workers through well planned and needs based trainings as per the current guidelines of Stall Method
8. Ensure no child is missed due to poor planning by having high quality micro plans that are validated and cleared for use the by the UPEC Chairman and UC operations team
9. Support the health department and EPI team in ensuring the low performing UCs are prioritized for EOAS and coverage plan for zero dose
10. Timely raise issues of accountability such as absenteeism, poor performance, non-Compliance to the DC, DHO and partners for course correction, while notifying the Provincial EOC
11. Health camps
12. Oversight of surveillance activities to ensure the assigned district has a robust Surveillance system as per NEAP/WHO guidelines and targets, as well as full implementation of the district specific surveillance improvement plans
13. Raise/escalate issues beyond the scope of the Commissioners and DCs to the Provincial EOC for support
14. 5uppot the identification of priority UCs for Health Camps
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE: The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to tens of thousands of refugees...View similar Jobs of Others
UNICEF works in some of the worlds toughest places, to reach the worlds most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their...View similar Jobs of Others
Job Description We are looking for an online bidder who will be responsible for managing the entire bid process, ensuring a high...
Job Description Looking for Accounts and Finance Executive for a construction project at Islamabad. The candidate must have a...
Job Description: Primarily responsible for monitoring, analyzing and investigating payment card transactions and account...
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships: The position is normally supervised by a more...
Experience and Qualification: 1. Minimum Pharm-D /M.Sc Chemistry 2. Fresh B.Pharm / Pharm-D/M.Sc with at least high second...
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. To start a...
Design UX / UI for company products & other services Conduct extensive UX Research in alignment with the technical team in...