The incumbent will be responsible to look after indirect tax matters including responding to various notices, visiting tax offices, hearings before the tax authorities, reviewing/filing sales tax return /withholding tax statements, compliance of deadlines and advising clients on day to day matters of sales tax, where required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely tax compliance of assigned clients with tax authorities.
- Effective assistance in the research and analysis work for the purpose of preparation of tax opinion/advices.
- File monthly sales tax returns / statements to be filed with Federal and Provincial tax authorities
- Assistance in attending notices, appeals and other routine tax litigations.
- Ensure proper compliance of notices of assigned clients.
- Assistance in the preparation of routine tax advices
- Analysis and preparation of information to defend the tax notices, appeals etc.
- Preparation of records for the purpose of tax audits.
- Attend meetings with the clients to discuss their routine tax matters.
- Develop co-operation and excellent working interfaces with the clients
- Preparation and filing of tax proposals
- Any other tasks assigned by the firm