Purpose of consultancy:
The overall objective of the Mid-Term Review is to assess the achievements of the CPD9 in terms of its sustainability, effectiveness, efficiency, and its relevance to the dynamic context of Pakistan as well as its alignment to UNFPA Strategic Plan and SDGs.
The specific objectives are:
1. Strategically assess the achievements of CPD9 towards its commitments listed under the results & resources frameworks, challenges to achieving these commitments, capacity and structure of the CO to deliver the planned results. The Review will also address the effectiveness of resource mobilization as well as the partnerships to position UNFPA Pakistan within the development context of the country.
2. Assess the relevance of the programme to the national needs and demands especially in the area of Sexual & Reproductive health, Adolescents & Youth, Gender Equality and Population Dynamics, CPD alignment towards UNFPA 2030 transformative results, ICPD and SDGs.
3. An analysis of how UNFPA has positioned itself within the development community and national partners with a view to adding value to the country development results, enabling evidence-based policy improvement for sexual & reproductive health & rights, youth sexual reproductive health, gender quality and population and development;
4. Provide strategic and actionable recommendations to adjust the focus and direction of CPD9 to deliver its results commitments, and align with national priorities, UNSDF, UNFPA Strategic Plan (2018-2021), ICPD, and the SDGs.
Scope of work:
The Review will cover the time period from the beginning of the ninth programme cycle to date (2018-2020) and will include all initiatives under CPD9 (funded by regular resources and other resources, and those implemented by Implementing Partners and UNFPA). The review will cover all four provinces as well as the interventions at the federal level.
The Midterm Review shall systematically use the four OECD –Development Assistance Committee (DAC) criteria: relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability, coordination as well as added value with the UNCT, a criterion specific to UNFPA.
The criterion of relevance brings into focus the correspondence between the objectives and support strategies of the CP, on the one hand, and population needs, government priorities, and UNFPA global policies and strategies on the other. In particular, it will look into the extent to which the objectives of the UNFPA CP correspond to population needs at country level and were aligned throughout the programme period with government priorities, with strategies of UNFPA and UNDAF.
Assessing the effectiveness, the extent to which CP outputs have been achieved, and the extent to which these outputs have contributed to the achievement of the CP outcomes, will require a comparison of the intended goals, outcomes and outputs with the actual achievement of terms of results.
The efficiency criterion-the extent to which CP outputs and outcomes have been achieved with the appropriate amount of resources and captures how resources such as funds, expertise, time and etc, have been used by the CO and converted into the results along the results chain.
The sustainability is related to the likelihood that benefits from the CP continue after UNFPA funding is terminated and the corresponding interventions are closed
Therefore, the sustainability criterion - the continuation of benefits from a UNFPA - financed intervention after its termination, will assess the overall resilience of benefits to risks that could affect their continuation.
The added value is related to the main UNFPA’s added value and comparative advantage in the country context as perceived by national stakeholders will also be assessed.
The Reviewer (Gender) will be responsible for:
For detailed TORs, please access the following Link:
Duration and working schedule:
40 days spread over the period of 3 months March-May 2020
Required expertise, qualifications and competencies, including language requirements:
Fluency in English is required.
Job Description Job summary: Responsible for Direct Sales, Installment, Sales & Promotion of Suzuki Motorcycle in...
We are looking for an enthusiastic staff writer to join our knowledge management team. If you have excellent writing skills, and ability...
Looking for Male/Female candidate who have string English speaking and listening skills.Must have computer basic knowledge.Job Types:...
1) To manage all pre-sales and post-sales operational activities pertaining to CRM. 2) To maintain the highest level of customer...
I would like to have a Personal Assistant recruited to work from our Karachi office which is based in Asia Pacfic Trade Centre next to...
=== RISE TO THE CHALLENGE === At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and...
Job Description We are looking for HR Intern who must have knowledge of HR functions will be responsible for the complete recruitment life...