Purpose of the Post: To provide technical assistance to the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) in Pakistan by supporting data management and data analysis activities in the Programme. The Pakistan PEI is a world leader in data management and database development. It is recognized for its wealth of information and ability to integrate the vast amounts of information required to guide the country programme’s strategy. In order to maintain this complex system and respond to the dynamic requirements of the programme, additional support to the data management team is required.
Overview of the Programme: The continued transmission of poliovirus in Pakistan is a national emergency. Pakistan is one of two (with Afghanistan) last remaining reservoir of endemic poliovirus transmission in the World. Recently the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) Programme has made tremendous progress by reaching and vaccinating persistently missed children and detecting and responding rapidly to the presence of the poliovirus whenever and wherever it is identified. The programme aims to achieve cessation of transmission of Poliovirus from Pakistan by the end of year 2023 through routine and supplementary immunization and high-quality AFP surveillance system. In addition, to reduce morbidity of other EPI target diseases.
Organizational Context: Under the direct supervision of the Technical Officer (Data) and the overall supervision of the Risk Assessment and Decision Support Lead, the incumbent will undertake the following duties:
1. Ensure quality data collection techniques are established and educates/train responders on proper data collection processes.
2. Develop and/or update database and training manuals; activities tracker and implementing the tools to ensure the quality and security of data.
3. Develop need base template/formats, ODK Questionnaires for survey and support RADS and other units.
4. Provides support to the provincial offices and other program units in term of data provision, data management, data integrity, analysis and follow-up on data issues/discrepancies, as well as conducting trainings and refresher courses for relevant staff.
5. Perform regular data checks for quality and data integrity and ensures data system are operational.
6. Continuous coordination with provincial focal point for data cleaning and data consistency and provides feedback to the provinces for necessary actions.
7. Preparing/circulation and reviewing of urgent pending AFP Cases list with National EOC and surveillance cell.
8. In-depth/deep-dive statistical analysis and data triangulation to help the Program in monitoring its progress, including performance related to AFP surveillance, SIAs, Monitoring, resource planning and finance, prepare reports/presentations in term of trend analysis, and manage geospatial database for developing maps using GIS applications.
9. Supporting and providing the periodic updates/analysis for Surveillance data to different units including PEI Synergy, RRU, Surveillance cell, National EOC, RRL and WHO Provincial offices.
10. Supporting the Provincial Data Assistants in getting clean data, troubleshooting, Analysis and managing eIFA related tasks.
11. Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain database/Interpret data to analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
12.Support supervisor in preparing reports/ analysis for National Surveillance Cell, Regional Office and National EOC that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
13.Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor in accordance with the objectives and deliverables of the Risk Assessment and Decision Support Unit
Professional Skills and Experience
Join America’s leading company in global medical care. AMI Expeditionary Healthcare is a novel healthcare support...
Job Description Senior Software Engineer (JOB LOCATION: Toronto) Our client in Toronto is looking...
Job Description Core Tasks: 1- Have a sound knowledge oftax filing & tax documentation. 2- Reconcile Daily,...
We have an immediate need for a full-stack WordPress developer for our US Based Projects. The...