Purpose of the post: To support the WHO Pakistan Polio Programme and the National Emergency Operations Centre to effectively monitor and evaluate the Polio Programme and to provide guidance on best practices based on the current epidemiology.
Organizational context: Under the technical supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator, and the guidance of Risk Assessment and Decision Support lead, the M&E Officer will undertake the following duties:
1. Analyze the current system and programme monitoring indicators and develop tools to assess progress against the National Emergency Action Plan (NEAP).
2. Adapt a monitoring system for each field-level of programme interventions.
3. Develop and implement data-entry protocols that supports the monitoring system.
4. Develop a capacity-building plan for the Monitoring-and-Evaluation team and implement training in collaboration with the Training Officer.
5. Participate in project reviews and to any other relevant meetings.
6. Provide monitoring reports for campaigns, AFP surveillance activities and as-and-when required, including weekly reports to the emergency coordinator to be shared with partners via teleconference.
7. Enhance the work with the partners to improve data quality and analysis, with emphasis on independent monitoring of immunization campaigns.
8. Supervise the coordination of the polio eradication data management system.
9. Develop and oversee monitoring plans for the various sections of the Polio Eradication Programme, including surveillance, training, high-risk mobile populations, etc.
10. Provide support and assistance to the provincial M&E officers
11. Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor in accordance with the objectives and deliverables of the Risk Assessment and Decision Support Unit
Functional skills and knowledge:
At least Two (2) years’ experience working in the humanitarian sector, previous work with an international organization, previous experience monitoring and/or evaluating a public health system
UNICEF works in some of the worlds toughest places, to reach the worlds most disadvantaged children. To save their lives....
6 year(s) or above experience Islamabad Responsibilities: Development and enhancement of...