As of the 19th of August 2020, the total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Pakistan constituted 290,445 cases, with 6201 deaths. Cases are in all provinces of the country with the highest number of cases in Sindh and Punjab, 126,743and 95,742respectively.
Since experience from past outbreaks of Ebola and Zika outbreaks shows the importance of public awareness campaigns on precautionary measures, ensuring the continuity of health services and response to gender dimensions of such outbreaks, UNFPA Pakistan developed a comprehensive COVID-19 Response Framework focusing on informing pregnant women on COVID-19 risks, symptoms and transmission, respectful maternity care, the importance of the continuity of reproductive health services and addressing intersections of gender and COVID-19 .
The evolving COVID-19 outbreak in Pakistan has the potential to further aggravate the sexual and reproductive health indicators and to worsen the existing gender inequalities and vulnerabilities.
Therefore, UNFPA Country Office (CO) seeks the services of a communications expert to further scale up messaging in traditional and social media on the available reproductive health and services, protection of frontline health care providers, and prevention and response to gender-based violence.
Purpose of the Consultancy
To contribute to enhancing coverage and understanding of UNFPA’s areas of work in the country through engaging with and maintenance of media contacts and sharing newsworthy information in the social media;
To contribute to documentation of programme endeavors and good practices, including UNFPA’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Scope of work:
(Description of services, activities, or outputs)
1. Assist advocacy efforts of the CO by preparing speeches and press releases, facilitating partnership/donor events and involving the mass media to secure substantial coverage;
2. Provide regular content for UNFPA website, Facebook page and Twitter account;
3. Provide substantive support in preparing programme updates, situation reports and newsletters; Support the documentation of accomplishments and good practices for stories to be posted in newsletters, the CO website and other visibility tools;
4. Develop sample storylines and substantive articles for publication and propose creative ways of communicating key messages on reproductive health and gender-based violence;
5. Develop feature/ success stories and case studies with subsequent dissemination to the target audiences, ensuring alignment with ethical protocols for sharing on Facebook and newsletters;
6. Draft content and support design and production of printed, electronic, audio-visual and online materials as needed (brochures, leaflets, booklets);
7. Provide support in publicizing the importance of joint endeavors and programmes and value-added role of UNFPA;
8. Carry out any other duties as may be requested by UNFPA Representative.
ü SitReps, programme updates, newsletters, speeches and press releases;
ü Tweets and Facebook messages;
ü Storylines, substantive articles and feature/success stories related to reproductive health and gender-based violence;
ü Printed, electronic, audio-visual and online materials as needed (brochures, leaflets and booklets);
ü Evidence of media and stakeholder engagement.
The expert will report to UNFPA Representative. S/he will be supported by and work in close coordination with programme team of the Country Office.
Required institutional expertise:
Education: Advanced university degree in communications, journalism, media relations, relevant social sciences or other specializations that demonstrate a good fit.
Knowledge and experience
Job Description FRS is looking for 3D Modellers/Animators for our gaming studio. He/She must have great 3D modeling knowledge and the ability to make 3D realistic environments and...View similar Jobs of Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
Job Description We are looking for Creative Content Writer with a tremendous experience for the SEO content writing. The company requires a full time content writer who is able to...View similar Jobs of Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
Job Description We are looking for a Content Writer to join our editorial team and enrich our e-commerce store with new blog posts, articles, customer emails, and beautiful product...View similar Jobs of Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
Job Description Training faculty required Adobe Photoshop Adobe Illustrator Adobe After Effects Adobe Premiere Auto CAD 2D 3D 3D Studio MAxx Sent...View similar Jobs of Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
Job Description Location: Karachi Salary: Up to PKR 40,000 Working Hours: 9 Job Shift: Morning & Evening Key Responsibilities: Complete day-to-day image...View similar Jobs of Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
Job Description Primarily concerned with creating engaging written content. You will be experienced in writing content that is keyword optimized, scannable, shareable and purposeful, whilst...View similar Jobs of Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
Job Description ACCOUNTS / OFFICE ASISTANT MIN EXP 2 YEARS KNOWLEDGE OF DATA ENTRIES (VOUCHERS),...
Job Description Urgently looking for CVs of Male Brand Ambassadors for a roadside activity in Karachi. • Basic +...
Job Description AppliconSoft is looking for 4 PHP Developer for Junior and intern positions. Benefits: Paid...
Job Description We need experienced php wordpress developer who will handle the front end as well as backend task to complete. ...
Job Description Accounts Internee Required Requirement Candidates with the Degree of BBA,...
Summary The prime objective of Field Technician ODN Access is to activate the customer. Key...
Job Description About Us We are an innovative startup in the education sector We use technology to promote online...