3rd party contract through Professional Employers private limited.
Project Coordinator, WEE(Lahore and Karachi) 2 positions
Duration : 1 year (extendable)
Salary: PKR 300,000 per month(tax deductible)
10% deduction for filer – PKR 270,000 per month
20% deduction for non-filer – PKR 240,000 per month
Investing in women’s economic empowerment sets a direct path towards gender equality, poverty eradication and inclusive economic growth. Women make enormous contributions to economies, whether in businesses, on farms, as entrepreneurs or employees, or by doing unpaid care work at home. But they also remain disproportionately affected by poverty, discrimination, and exploitation. Gender discrimination means women often end up in insecure, low-wage jobs, and constitute a small minority of those in senior positions. It curtails access to economic assets such as land and loans. It limits participation in shaping economic and social policies. And, because women perform the bulk of household work, they are often left with little time to pursue economic opportunities.
Through its dedicated programmes, UN Women Pakistan strives to influence and develop policies and plans to enhance socio-economic empowerment of women (including from marginalized groups and home-based workers) so that women benefit from decent work, income security and socio-economic development. Working with a variety of partners, UN Women’s programmes promote women’s ability to secure decent jobs, accumulate assets, and influence institutions and public policies determining growth and development.
1. Contribute technically to the development of Programme strategies in the area of Women Economic Empowerment and Sustainable Livelihood.
2. Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the WEE Programme
3. Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners
4. Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
5. Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of WEE&SL Programme
6. Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
7. Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on WEE&SL to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Pakistan
8. Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
Master’s degree in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field
Women Economic Empowerment,